MaaS Global (www.maas.global) is a Finnish company that has invented an open, mobility-as-a-service ecosystem supported with a proprietary digital platform for enabling anyone to travel anywhere via any method using one easy-to-use mobile app (i.e., a democratized, ethical and integrated transportation service). The Company is backed by Toyota among others and is the world’s first mobility operator designed to support every travel need, ubiquitously.
MaaS Global has evolved from its R&D stage to its proof-of-concept technologically and is now entering to markets with first branded offering, called “Whim”. Whim is an award-winning mobile app that integrates route maps, transportation service providers (public and private) and one’s calendar, so that an individual can manage his/her transportation on any device, simply and easily. In Europe, Whim has been launched in Helsinki in Finland, and in Birmingham in the UK, and launches are being planned with local transportation partners in Belgium (starting with Antwerp), Germany, Switzerland and expansion in the UK. Transportation service providers in several other cities in Europe North America and Asia are showing interest.
We are looking for an exceptional Market Insights Manager for building strategic direction to new market entry through market analysis and recommending value proposition. You will be part of Go-to-Market team working with seasoned professionals. Interest in mobility ecosystems is a must.
- Responsible for creating market insights reports for localized Whim service portfolio and recommending value propositions that successfully deliver Whim customer promise and enable reaching the commercial targets.
- Co-ordinate the market data gathering and consumer research with the support of HQ research manager
- Analyze the market data and consumer research results
- Create in-depth understanding of the local consumer needs and preferences
- Identification and definition of user personas/user segments for Mobility as a Service products
- Identify, quantify and evaluate business opportunities the user segments provide
- Design local product portfolio and customer value propositions including pricing in collaboration with the HQ
Key competences/ experiences
- Have a keen an eye for market and customer insight, how to utilize it to commercial advantage in the development of new proposition.Analytical mindset and experience in making commercial market analysis.
- A great commercial mindset – thinking in terms of customer need, pricing strategies, value and return
- Strong team player as well as a proactive individual contributor
- Partner with the Marketing Team to ensure brand alignment
- Have the business acumen to pick the winning ideas and the strength to close-down less valuable propositions; helps to improve the ideas while ensuring they pass the tests of aligning to MaaS Global’s strategic direction, being revenue generating, minimal/no development and not custom but applicable to many customers
Qualifications & desired background:
- Three – five years of work experience in applying consumer research data in building commercial product offering.
- Proven track record in consumer service products pricing.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Social Psychology or other relevant field.
- Ability to undertake regular travel
- Fluent written and spoken English essential