MaaS Global Job Description: Project Manager/Europe
MaaS Global (www.maas.global) is a Finnish company that has invented an open, mobility-as-a-service ecosystem supported with a proprietary digital platform for enabling anyone to travel anywhere via any method using one easy-to-use mobile app (i.e., a democratized, ethical and integrated transportation service). The Company is backed by Toyota among others and is the world’s first mobility operator designed to support every travel need, ubiquitously.
MaaS Global has evolved from its R&D stage to its proof-of-concept technologically and is now entering to markets with first branded offering, called “Whim”. Whim is an award-winning mobile app that integrates route maps, transportation service providers (public and private) and one’s calendar, so that an individual can manage his/her transportation on any device, simply and easily. In Europe, Whim has been launched in Helsinki in Finland, and in Birmingham in the UK, and launches are being planned with local transportation partners in Belgium (starting with Antwerp), Germany, Switzerland and expansion in the UK. Transportation service providers in several other cities in Europe North America and Asia are showing interest.
We are looking for an exceptional Project Manager for our MaaS services (Whim) roll-out in European markets. You will be part of MaaS Go-to-Market team working with seasoned professionals. The role requires an understanding of launching products in new markets, which includes app development and subscriptions lead services. Passion for Mobility ecosystem is a must.
We are looking for
- Experience in all aspects of Project Management including scope definition, detailed project planning, financial management, building and managing international matrix teams and stakeholder management.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum and/or Kanban theory, practices, and rules
- In addition to hands on delivery of projects you should be capable of expanding the use of Agile techniques and provide mentoring.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand estimation techniques, backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Experience in the use of Agile project management software such as Jira
- Accurate progress reporting and issue/risk management with timely and effective escalation
- Engagement and management of numerous external third parties alongside internal matrix team
- Presentation skills – You communicate clearly and effectively, both using verbal and written communication skills. You can prepare high-quality presentations and deliver them impact-fully.
- Strategic planner – You can prioritize, model potential business impact and prepare structured plans.
- Motivation and drive – You are highly motivated and take initiative. You can operate independently and always find ways to deliver the results.
- Team player – You inspire and support your colleagues and work collaboratively with other teams to ensure successful business results as one team.
Apply If You Have
- Three – five years of project management experience
- Exceptional track record of on-time and to-specification delivery of projects
- Experience of managing multiple and complex projects across the full lifecycle of product development
- Extensive experience of project management in international matrix environments
Were Happy If You have
- Masters level degree
- Management consulting experience
- Certified AGILE delivery highly desirable