MaaS Global is the world’s first true Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) operator with its award-winning Whim app, which provides users all city transport services in one app. With over 3 million trips made since its launch in December 2017, Whim is the first all-inclusive MaaS solution commercially available on the market. Whim allows users to journey where and when they want with public transport, taxis, rental cars, and many other options, all under a single monthly subscription. Whim has revolutionized users’ travel habits, in favor of circular modes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior iOS Developer / iOS Developer who wants to change the world of transportation together with the MaaS Global team. Built natively for mobile platforms, the multiple award-winning Whim app is off to a good start, but the iOS Developer will have the opportunity to take the experience to the next level, with brand new designs, mobility phenomena, and new integration opportunities with leading services. The iOS Developer works in smaller teams with multidiscipline talents, largely self-organizing their work for best results.
The position reports directly to the CTO.
Desired skills and experience:
- 2 or more years of experience in writing Swift for store-published apps
- Following the development community closely to stay up to date
- An eye for details in building clean UX
- Experience in location-based services
- Good communication skills in English. No Finnish required.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Good prioritization and organizational skills
On top of this we appreciate:
- Experience in test automation
- Experience in organizing work for others (required for Senior)
- Experience in using Machine Learning in real life to improve UX
- Experience in mobility services; e.g. routing
Benefits include the choice of your own working tools, a monthly Whim urban subscription, working in an international environment in the heart of Helsinki, and free refreshments!
Are you the dynamic personality that we are looking for? For applications we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment partner website for quick handling of your application. Please follow the link here: iOS Developer. Please apply no later than the 24th of February 2019. For more information about the position, please contact our recruitment partner Arja Martikainen 040-7621564 or arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi on Tue-Thu between 2 and 3 pm.
For more information about MaaS Global tech, please listen to the following podcast here.